Fiscal Manager - Health Department
Are you an accounting professional contemplating your next move? Andrea & Orendorff may be the place for you. We’ve built a successful, stable firm poised to embrace future opportunities and we need smart, friendly and dynamic professionals to join us.
A&O is not like other firms, and we want you to experience the difference. In our firm, our people come first. We invest in tools and technology that enable our team to perform their work efficiently, from anywhere, with the greatest flexibility. You’ll make a real difference for clients by building relationships with them, and applying your knowledge to help them solve their challenges and capitalize on opportunities. We invest in training and professional development for all our people to support your personal growth while you also acquire new skills. And with plenty of opportunity for career progression, A&O is a place where you can make a meaningful contribution to the firm, your clients and others around you for years to come. www.aocpa.net
To be a good fit, you must be a team player with strong work ethic. You need accounting experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate and interpret complex information.
Andrea & Orendorff LLP has an excellent opportunity for a Fiscal Manager to work with the Kenosha County Health Department.
We continually strive to create a work environment that embraces change, strengthens quality of life, improves productivity, and allows team members to pursue personal and firm goals. We encourage creativity, enthusiasm and personal development. This position is a great opportunity for a candidate who desires to progress to a fiscal manager level.
We offer a flexible work environment, including partial remote work options; full benefits including paid time off, 401K with employer contribution, health/dental/disability/life insurance; and tuition reimbursement. Salaries are established at market rate commensurate with experience.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
While working for our CPA firm and its government team, this unique position provides
- managerial & consultative support to a city/county health department,
- overseeing its daily fiscal operations,
- implementing and maintaining a streamlined set of systems, controls, and procedures that achieve compliance with GAAP, Board instituted policies, and grantor requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with Federal and State grants utilized by the Department.
- Assisting with applying for new grants to meet the community needs.
- Utilizing fiscal analysis and designing reports for ongoing monitoring.
- Leads, supervises, and evaluates the fiscal staff.
- Produces and delivers presentations to the board of health and county board committees.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required plus a minimum of three (3) years’ experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Successful management experience in directing and managing financial operations of similar environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal and State grants reporting and compliance is preferred.
- Must possess ability to develop, review, interpret and relay financial information to management, governance and staff with strong communications skills.
- Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision quality, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Developed computer skills and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, is required. The County uses Dynamics AX as its ERP system.
- Due to the nature of our industry; confidentiality, honesty and ethical behavior is of the utmost importance.
- Answers to the CFO of Human Services
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- ANALYSIS – Demonstrated creative ability to develop and analyze budgets and financial plans and projections, prepare financial schedules, and produce accurate and concise reports for management and governance.
- INTERNAL CONTROLS AND COMPLIANCE – the facility follows the guidelines of the county government structure always looking for ways to improve processes and internal controls.
- SUPERVISION OF FISCAL STAFF –manages staff who perform accounts payable and cash receipting, grant reimbursements and day-to-day operations including journal entries and the monthly and annual close.
Click the link below to send your resume or forward to: CandaceK@aocpa.net
A&O is relationship centered, boutique accounting firm providing attentive, continuous accounting services to government and not-for-profit entities.
6300 76th St Suite 200,
Kenosha, WI 53142
Connect With Us:
Speak With Us:
©2021 Andrea & Orendorff LLP