Staff Accountant - Human Resources
Are you an accounting professional contemplating your next move? Andrea & Orendorff may be the place for you. We’ve built a successful, stable firm poised to embrace future opportunities and we need smart, friendly, and dynamic professionals to join us.
A&O is not like other firms, and we want you to experience the difference. In our firm, our people come first. We invest in tools and technology that enable our team to perform their work efficiently, from anywhere, with the greatest flexibility. You’ll make a real difference for clients by building relationships with them, applying your knowledge to help them solve their challenges, and capitalize on opportunities. We invest in training and professional development for all our people to support your personal growth while you also acquire new skills. And with plenty of opportunity for career progression, A&O is a place where you can make a meaningful contribution to the firm, your clients, and others around you for years to come.
To be a good fit, you must be a team player with a strong work ethic and be capable of working independently. You need accounting experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate and interpret complex information.
Andrea & Orendorff LLP has an excellent opportunity for a Staff Accountant to work with the Kenosha County Children and Family Services. This Department is responsible for an over $35 million annual budget.
We continually strive to create a work environment that embraces change, strengthens quality of life, improves productivity, and allows team members to pursue personal and firm goals. We encourage creativity, enthusiasm, and personal development. This position is a great opportunity for a candidate who enjoys data analytics.
We offer a flexible work environment, including partial remote work options; full benefits including paid time off, 401K with employer contribution, health/dental/disability/life insurance; and tuition reimbursement. Salaries are established at market rate commensurate with experience.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
While working for our CPA firm and its government team, this unique outsourced position provides:
· Accounting & consultative support to the county Children and Family Service Department
· Daily department fiscal operations activities and data interpretation
· Implementation and maintenance of a streamlined set of systems, controls, and procedures that achieve compliance with GAAP and County instituted policies
· Design of spreadsheets and reports using County reporting software
· Fiscal analysis for ongoing monitoring and forecasting
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
· 4- Year Degree in Accounting
· 1-3 years accounting experience
· Exceptional communication and people skills
· Experience working with grants a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
· Account analysis and reconciliations
· Financial report preparation, financial analysis, and related budget development
· Preparing and general maintenance of monthly financial reports.
· General Ledger – Journal entries, month-end, and annual procedures
· Developed computer skills and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, is required
· Administrative functions – Accurate, timely and efficient processes development
· The successful candidate will possess strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, possess above average written and verbal communication skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to effectively make independent decisions
· Due to the nature of our industry; confidentiality, honesty and ethical behavior is of the utmost importance
A&O is relationship centered, boutique accounting firm providing attentive, continuous accounting services to government and not-for-profit entities.
10411 Corporate Dr. Suite 104
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Connect With Us:
Speak With Us:
©2023 Andrea & Orendorff LLP