Melissa Cartagena works at Kenosha County’s Public Works Division as the Fiscal Accountant. In this role, she prepares journal entries and month end reporting, performs reconciliations, and analyzes the budget and capital plans for the highway, facilities, golf and parks departments. Prior to working for A&O, Melissa had 11 years of experience in the banking and financial auditing industries.
- Perform compliance audits of bank functions, processes and controls
- Interdepartmental collaboration
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Draft reports and facilitate findings, identifying root causes and developing recommendations
- Track and analyze data/budgets
- Build client rapport and develop community relationships
- Maintain controls to mitigate risk
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting with focus in Forensic Auditing Purdue University, Milwaukee WI.
- Numerous continuing credit courses on Internal Audit and Risk Management.
Do what you do best. We'll handle the rest.
We are your financial advocates. What can we do to support your progress?